Monday, July 6, 2009

Catch Up

So, in the last 2 weeks here's what has happened. My mom spent 8 days in the hospital, and was released home with Hospice. Not good news but not unexpected. The doctor gave her 6-8 weeks to live. She knows the end result, Heaven, but is blissfully unaware of the road between here and there. She's eating well, has no pain, and is mostly mobile. My dad is coping as best he can, but he still has the burden of caring for mom.
My in laws came up for a weekend and brought furniture, so now our living room has an end table and coffee table. Naturally they did some "touch up" and the pieces look totally different. Now our living room doesn't look so empty. We're currently searching for pictures to place on the walls... Something we both like.
Both of my moms siblings have been to visit last week, that was really nice. My side of the family has been here a lot. Today we're celebrating the July birthdays. Mostly the 4 year old's birthday. I'm now 45??!! How did that happen? I feel like I'm in my twenties, weird how time flies.
We had a great 4th of July out on the water. We were boating, jet skiing and swimming in the river, which was as warm as bath water. Water sports will wear you out!

No comments: