Thursday, September 8, 2011

General happenings

So, I have made the cover recipe on the Dorie Greenspan cookbook, Around my French Table, and can say, wow it was really, really good. The second recipe is in the oven cooking. This one I took creative licence and am making it my own. Pork chops instead of chicken. Carrots, potatoes, and onions and some brandy for the liquid. We shall see how it turns out....

I have been on a yogurt kick lately. As in trying to make it. The first batch was ok, kind of runny. Half of it was allowed to drain in the cheese cloth and it was really nice and thick, like cream cheese. Easy thing to fix, just add a few drops of the whey back in and creamy again. My wonderful husband is the yogurt snob. Only likes certain textures and tanginess. My goal is to make yogurt that he will like. It sure does taste better than store bought! As soon as I make it a few more times, I will post a recipe and the how to.

No comments: